Daily Life use home made solar mobile charger
The sun is a star made up of hydrogen and helium gas and it radiates an enormous amount of energy every second.
Solar cell works on the principle of photovoltaic effect. Sun light is composed of photons, or “packets” of energy.
These photons contain various amounts of energy corresponding to the different wavelengths of light.
When a photon is absorbed, the energy of the photon is transferred to an electron in an atom of the cell.
Specifications Of Charger
- Uses high-efficiency mono crystalline silicon.
- Solar panel: 5.5V/1000mA
- Output voltage: 5.5V
- Output current: 300-550 mA
- Time taken to charge mobile phone using the charger: about 60 minutes for typical mobile.
Circuit diagram of solar mobile charger
- In solar mobile charger ripples will not be there as we use DC
- power directly to charge the mobile.
- Battery life is more as high voltages are not developed.
- Versatility of Solar mobile charger is high.
- Life of the battery will be high as we use solar mobile charger.
- Adaptability is high.
SOLAR MOBILE CHARGER UNIT:
- Portable Solar Mobile Charger for mobile phone can be charged with Sun light and electrical power. It stores power from the sun and charge mobile phone, I-Pod etc.
- Solar cell phone chargers use solar panels to charge cell phone batteries. They are an alternative to conventional electrical cell phone chargers and in some cases can be plugged into an electrical outlet.
- There are also public solar chargers for mobile phones which can be installed permanently in public places such as streets, park and squares.
- The model which is according to European Commission proclaimed as the first in the world is the Strawberry Tree, public solar charger invented by Strawberry energy Company. This solar station won the first place at “EU Sustainable energy week (EUSEW) 2011” in the Consuming category.
- Some models of cell phones have a built in solar charger and are commercially available for GSM cellphone models.
- Solar cell phone chargers come in different shapes and configurations including folding and rotating types.
Solar energy is a renewable energy sources.
We get solar energy directly from resources i.e. from sun. The solar charger power source comes from the solar energy which is a reliable alternative.
Solar energy comes in free of charge.
The energy from the sun is free. The source of energy is practically free because we get sunlight directly from sun.
Solar cells panel on the solar charger does not require much maintenance. As, the solar cells panel is very reliable as it can last longer than other Source of energy.
The solar charger also does emit zero pollution and is very environmental friendly which helps in reducing global warming and greenhouse effect.
It also helps reduces cost such as electric bills as the solar charger source of energy is free.
The solar charger also operate quietly and this does not contribute to noise pollution.